Great art sculpture and my relationship with art


This is a great art project that was made about 1000 years ago in Sweden. I live in a town where a few of these rocks are made and we went to a lot of school trips to these rocks where they told us about its history etc. You can only almost see this in the Scandinavian countries such as Sweden, Norway, and Finland. 

My own relationship with arts is not the greatest if I am completely honest but it is something I want to change in the future and this class is a great start for that. I enjoy going to different museums and it is easy for me to see the greatness and different meanings behind a great painting or sculpture. I do not personally own any art but my parents own quite a lot of art which makes me want to get into it even more. 

 

Comments

  1. This reminds me of petroglyphs some kids showed me on a hike up a hill in Mexico. It felt like I was finding a secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Filip,

    It is always interesting to learn about the history behind an art piece and the rock you choose seems to have some great history behind it. I am hoping one day I get the chance to visit Sweden and maybe even see these art pieces.

    Garrett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Filip,

    It seems interesting to me that you have rocks like that where you are from. I am actually very interested in the Scandinavian history and have done some reading about it before taking this class. Just like you, I don't know much about art but I want to learn and get more educated on it. Great post!

    -Markuss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Classical era - The French and American Revolution

The Pieta by Michelangelo

Early Modern